Saturday 16 July 2011

Christianity (and anything else that I am interested in!)

This is my very first post on my very first blog! I am a budding author and have been writing for years, on and off so to speak. Although my writing is mainly centred on Christian issues, especially on connecting with God in a real and living way, I also write about other not particularly Christian things occasionally as well.

As any writer will tell you, it is not the easiest thing in the world to get published!  And I hear that writers in the Christian field are up against a very saturated market. But, I'm in for the long haul; I have no illusions about being an undiscovered genius, I'm just a wordsmith plying my trade.

So, in having the greatest desire to write, but in being frustrated at the sheer hard work it is to get published (even to get published on a website) I have decided to put my work up on a blog, for the whole world and his cat to see!

I am a Christian writer for the most part, and a writer who is a Christian. Much of what I will post here will be Christian-themed articles and ideas, and sometimes I might even put some of my photographs up with articles too.

I don't beat around the bush, and I am quite frank in my observations, especially about Christianity in the UK. However, I am not being controversial for controversy's sake, it is for a reason. I want to open up debate about many issues surrounding Christianity, debate which for me is at this time seriously lacking at times. I want to discover a real living faith that is applicable to very modern people. I sometimes think Christianity in England is more about social class, and a certain kind of niceness and respectability, than it is  about a life changing, and life-enhancing, walk with Jesus on a daily and ongoing basis. If we reduce Christianity just to niceness, then we can make it one-dimensional.

I can be serious, a bit too serious when I write about issues that I am deeply interested in, but I do have a very good sense of humour and I like to laugh, a lot in fact! So, occasionally I will put in some witty asides too. Maybe they will make you laugh; and then again, maybe not.

I want to publish things that make people think, provoke them and even make people angry; in just the way Jesus did in fact.

So, over the next few hours, days, weeks, months and years, I will be regularly adding my posts, thoughts and ideas here; I do hope you enjoy them; seriously! Oh, and I might put a few of my photos here now and again too.

T Childs. 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment